Cleaning Your Knives
How to care for your WÜSTHOF knives
We make high-quality knives, which you should be able to enjoy using for a long time.
With the right care and the right storage you can help to ensure this is the case.
- It is best to clean your knives straight after you have used them.
- Wash them in warm water using a damp cloth and dishwashing soap.
- Dry them carefully.
Why high-quality knives do not belong in the dishwasher:
- Knives and cutlery are put in a basket. During the washing cycle, the blades can rub against one another or against other objects and this can damage them.
- With their sharp blades, the knives can damage the plastic coating on the cutlery basket. This can lead to the formation of rust.
- If the dishwasher is not switched on straight away, food remains (spices, sauces, juices) can damage the blades. Spots can form and the blades can even be damaged (corrosion).
- It is important to use the correct amount of detergent and rinse aid. If you do not use the correct amounts, rust particles or localised corrosion can quickly appear. In most cases, these spots can easily be removed using a standard steel cleaning fluid.